Oktoberfest – Updated
At this time, the State of Ohio is not allowing festivals to be held. This means we get to reinvent one of our favorite German Food filled weekends on Put-in-Bay – Oktoberfest!
What You Can Expect: While we are not able to hold the event in our Oktoberfest tent, that will not stop your favorite local establishments form serving your favorite Oktoberfest foods! The smell of cabbage and noodles, chicken paprikash, and German Chocolate cake will fill the air as you visit your favorite island restaurants to find your favorite dishes. You may even see some lederhosen! Check back soon for a list of what restaurants will be serving. Make plans to “prost” with us as we celebrate Oktoberfest 2020 style.
- Reel Bar will offer delicious Halušky, Bratwurst stew, along with flights of Spaten Oktoberfestbier, Bratwurst stew and glühwein (hot spiced wine). And you can count on some German music during the afternoon as well!
- Celebrate Island Oktoberfest with your friends at Frostys! Ryan is cooking up Chicken Paprikash, Pork & Sauerkraut, and Fried Cabbage with smoked sausage and fresh dumplings. Try some Oktoberfest beers from Great Lakes Brewery, Rhinegeist, and other local breweries. Prost!
- Join us for Roundtoberfest 2020 at the Round House Bar on Saturday, October 10th from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. All the Oktoberfest food you love, plus live entertainment and German beer! Located on the Round House back patio.
- Hooligan’s Irish Pub will be serving up Oktoberfest German themed food! Stop by for their HOMEMADE FEAST on a plate prepared by Chef Marie: Brat, applesauce, pierogies, stuffed cabbage rolls and delicious cake!
- The Goat Soup and Whiskey is holding SausageFest this Saturday in the Biergarten. The Island will be celebrating Oktoberfest too! Live Polka music from Noon – 6pm Featuring -Phil Yan Polka Band.
- Heineman’s Winery will be celebrating Oktoberfest with Spiced Wine.
- Mossbacks will be featuring their famous pierogies along with other German specialties.
Check out your favorite establishment for more featured items.